Fall is my favorite time of year… but seriously. Before #SoBasic, #I’mBasic, and #BasicBitch existed, it felt good to have pumpkin everything. Now it seems like it is a sarcastic gesture from all those pumpkin haters towards every girl. And not for nothing, out of all the girls I am friends with, only two, including myself, are really dedicated to this season. The rest are obsessed with sweating and getting sun burnt during the summer time. (It could be because I am naturally tan and avoid the sun.) So I am here to say I AM SO BASIC, except I am the farthest from being basic. Do I love boots? Most definitely. Do I love leggings? Oh, hell yes! Do I love pumpkin spiced latte? I did until I heard they are terrible for you. Do I love pumpkin everything? #Basically.
I am here to provide you a very basic recipe for Quinoa Pumpkin Muffins! They are delicious and great for Fall, especially if you want to watch Sex and the City while reevaluating your love life in your ever-so comfy leggings and UGGs.
What you will need:
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of Lite maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of Egg whites
- 1/2 cup of Almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup of Cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of Smart balance butter
- 6-8 Cloves
- 1/2 cup of Almond meal
What to do:
1. Start by taking the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix it all together. I like to use a handheld mixer. 2. Add egg whites and almond milk. Then add the cinnamon and nutmeg. If you want to add more cinnamon, go for it.
3. Next, add the cooked quinoa. In a separate pan, melt the butter and roast the cloves in the butter for a few minutes. Drain out the butter to take out the cloves. We are trying to get a subtle clove taste.
4. Add almond meal for a thicker consistency. Distribute in the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. The idea is to grab and go in morning, so in the morning you can pop it in the microwave and eat away!
On aside:: I decided to add a music page to my blog. So check it out there! Original Score to My Life!
Also don’t forget to check out all the wonder styles of my company, Icons Boutique! Free shipping for using promo code: ICONIC SHOPPER! Follow on IG: IconsBoutique