I really don’t know what to call this. All I know it is delicious. Who doesn’t like some sweetness in their life? I wanted to make a healthy creation that was both delicious and guilt-free. Here you have it!
Here is a quick video of how it all came together.
What you’ll need:
- 4 pieces of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread
- 1 tbs of coconut oil spread (replacement of butter)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of honey
- 2 tsp of raw sugar (optional)
- 1 tbs of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of Better Than Ricotta Cheese by Tofutti
What to do:
- On a small saucepan, add the coconut oil spread, vanilla extract, honey, sugar (optional), and cinnamon. Stir all the ingredients and bring to a simmer until it combines into a sweet sauce. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Set the oven at 350 degrees. I used a small, rectangular Pyrex. If needed, spray the dish with cooking spray for easy clean up.
- Add the “ricotta” cheese to the sauce. Mix it in thoroughly to grab in all that goodness.
- Next, the fun begins. Add two pieces of the bread on the bottom. Add all of the mixture on top. Let it overflow. It’s glorious. Before adding the two other pieces of bread, lightly add some coconut spread on the one side. If you want to get real crazy, add some of raw sugar on top of the coconut spread once layered. (But let’s try to keep healthy.)
- Finally, pop it in the oven, have a glass of red wine, and enjoy an episode of Real Housewives while you wait for that dessert you are about to guilt-freely enjoy! After 20-25 minutes, the bread should be golden brown, the filings should be bubbling and your mouth should be watering.
Once you insert that knife and hear that crisp, you did it right. This is best served hot. I also like to freeze fat free Cool Whip. Just a nice touch to eat with the hot, oozing deliciousness that you are about to experience. And voilà!
On aside:: Life is nothing without food and music. As you enjoy this amazing dessert, listen to the Clean Bandits. The song below is my favorite from them.