For some reason, on my Instagram explore page, I have videos of miniature cooking as a recommended section. I don’t know why. I mean I end up checking it out and wonder why people take the time to make it. I guess to each his own.
I have been taking forever to make these cupcakes. I am not the best baker. I will say I have upped my culinary skills, but baking is a science I need to study.
My newest creation is chocolate zucchini cake with chocolate sweet potato frosting! Strange? Totes. Delicious? Most-def! Here is the recipe:
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
1 cup grated zucchini
2 cup multigrain or wheat baking flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup melted Smart Choice butter
3 large eggs
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
1 can (15-ounce) pure sweet potato puree
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup decaf coffee
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Place your mini cupcake sleeves in your mini cupcakes in your tray. Set aside.
- Grab your zucchini pieces. To remove the moisture, you a paper towel and gently press down.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and powdered sugar to the zucchini. Throughly mix all the dry ingredients together. Once mixed together, add the coconut milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. I don’t like to clean dishes, so I rather just directly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, but you can mix it separately first, and then add to the dry. Once all the the ingredients form to a batter-like consistency, fold in the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Distribute the batter into the mini cupcake pan. Bake the cupcakes for 40-45 mins. Ensure it is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick and pulling it out clean.
- While the cupcakes cook, bring the sweet potato puree to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the chocolate chips. Once all is melted, remove from the heat and continuously stir. Simultaneously, stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sugar and coffee. Once stirred entirely, wait for it to cool. It should thicken into a frosting-like consistency.
- After cooling the mini cupcakes and the frosting, begin to frost those delicate munchkins. This is optional, but you can sprinkle a powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture on each instead of sprinkles.
- Brew yourself a good cup of coffee and enjoy these bite-sized delights!
On aside:: I recently got hooked on a syndicated show, which is so not a thing anymore with Netflix, Showtime, Hulu, HBO and Starz shows. Fox has a show called “Star”, which is too good! Here is a song from the show. It’s a much watch.